IN-LIGHT II: Family Activity
Compton Verney Art Gallery & Park
Experience a spectacular and contemporary 'son et lumiere' by light artists Luxmuralis.
This year's light and sound display draws on poetry and nature in a series of stunning light projections. See the written word brought to life in a rich and colourful palette projected onto Compton Verney's Georgian facade as flora and fauna are depicted on a miniature and epic scale.
Sat 28 Oct
Sun 29 Oct
Sat 04 Nov
Sun 05 Nov
Join in an activity for all ages and contribute to a sculptural installation which will illuminate during IN-LIGHT II.
More info / book »
Members and Annual Pass Holders: £5, Non-Members:£8, Children: £3
Suitable for ages:
Compton Verney Art Gallery
Family Friendly Facilities: Outdoors
* Children's adventure playground
* 120 acres of park to run around and explore
* Buggy friendly footpaths through our woodland
* Willow tunnels
* Picnic areas (so don't forget to bring you teddy)
*Nature's art box - where you can make your own masterpiece from natural materials found in our park
*Forest Schools (see website for dates and times)Indoors
* First Floor Family discovery room with activities, books & a whole lot more to ensure every member of your family has fun whatever the weather
* Children's backpacks to help them explore the art collections & exhibitions at Compton Verney
* Family activities every school holiday - these are included with the price of admission to Compton Verney so drop-in and have fun
* Child friendly Café and Restaurant - children's menu, lunchboxes and high chairs available*Baby changing and feeding facilities available on the ground floor
* Hipseats available to help you carry children aged 6 months to 3 years
* All galleries are accessible to prams, pushchairs and wheelchairs with lifts to all floors
* Assistance dogs welcome. A drinking bowl is available
* There is disabled car-parking in the main car-park if you wish to park and enjoy our wheelchair friendly footpaths through the landscaped gardens.
For visiting the gallery, there are a limited number of spaces in the courtyard for blue badge holders.
A shuttle is available for all visitors to use. This takes you to and from the car park and gallery. Our shuttle is driven by volunteers so is run subject to volunteer availability. You are also welcome to drop off visitors at the front door to the gallery.
*Stick stools and wheelchairs can be borrowed free of charge from the Information Desk upon arrival (subject to availability).
* There are fixed hearing loops in the Ticket Lodge and the Shop. Visitors can make use of this facility by switching their hearing aids to the ‘T’ position.
A portable induction loop is available for use in the Restaurant and Café. Please ask a member of staff if you wish to use this facility.
Hearing dogs are welcome.
* Large print guides are available in the galleries, please ask our gallery staff if you'd like to refer to one. Guides to all of our permanent collections can also be found in the collections section of Compton Verney’s website www.comptonverney.org.uk
Contact us on 01926 645516 to organise an audio described tour.
Guide dogs are welcome.