How do I know which pay bracket to select?
If you are registering on behalf of an organisation you should make your selection based on the number of participants expected at your Big Draw Festival event(s).
The fee structure is intended to reflect the resources available to any given organisation. For this reason, a discounted rate of £50 is available for the following individuals and organisations. This rate is fixed and is not dependent upon the number of participants.
Non-fee paying schools eligible for the discounted rate include:
- Local education authority maintained schools and FE colleges (including community schools, voluntary controlled schools, voluntary aided schools, and foundation schools).
- Independent schools where students to do not pay a fee to attend (including academies, special schools, and city technical colleges).
Individuals eligible for the discounted rate include:
- An individual, for example an artist / arts-educator / creative practitioner, who is leading the delivery of a Big Draw Festival event without support from another organisation, for example the resources of a national gallery or the sponsorship of a local business.
What if I have multiple events, or a ‘season’ of events?
Please select the pay bracket based on the resources available to your organisation and on the total number of participants that you expect to attend all of your Big Draw Festival events across 2017,.
What if my organisation is holding Big Draw events at multiple venues?
1. If you represent a national or international organisation with multiple venues, and more than one venue is hosting a Big Draw event, then each venue will need to register their events separately. When registering, select the pay bracket based on the total number of participants that you expect to attend all of the Big Draw Festival events taking place at one venue.
For example: The Wonderful Arts Organisation(WAO) has ten venues across the UK. Seven venues will be holding events as part of The Big Draw Festival. Venue A will host 4 Big Draw events with a total of 100 attendees, so WAO Venue A falls in category B, and will pay £150. WAO Venue B will host 1 event with 1000 participants, so WAO Venue B will register separately under category D, and pay £700, and so on.
2. If you are an individual or community group coordinating one event involving multiple venues in a community, this counts as one event. When registering, select the pay bracket based on the total number of participants that you expect to attend this one Big Draw Festival event involving multiple venues.
For example: The Wonderful Local Artist has got different local organisations (for instance a school, a community hall and a girl guide group) involved in supporting one Big Draw event
3. If you are an individual or community group coordinating multiple events at multiple venues, please select the pay bracket based on the total number of participants that you expect to attend all of your Big Draw Festival events at multiple venues.
For example: The Wonderful Local Artist has got different local organisations (for instance a school, a community hall and a girl guide group) involved in supporting multiple Big Draw events and multiple venues.
Why have fees gone up since 2015?
With continued pressure on funding, like all arts charities The Big Draw is being encouraged to generate more income from participants and from the public.
In support of this objective the Big Draw has developed a sliding scale of costs for organisers of Big Draw Festival events, all set at fair rates to reflect the financial resources of the groups involved. We believe that these event organiser fees represent the value of being part of the world’s biggest drawing festival.
What do I get for my money?
You’re able to list your events on the Big Draw Festival website, and they will appear on our online listings and worldwide maps. Visitors to www.thebigdraw.org will be able to search in their area or by keyword and will be directed towards your 2016 festival of drawing!
You’ll also have access to our extensive online resources. These include:
- All necessary Big Draw Festival logos and theme logos
- Digital banners for use on your website or social media profile
- Marketing, branding and social media guidelines
- Case studies and inspiration from previous Big Draw festivals
- Practicalities on risk assessment, events for specific audiences and more.
In addition, you’ll be able to upload images from your event to our gallery, helping to raise the profile of your event and sharing your hard work with visitors to our website.
Plus, you are eligible to request a free Big Draw Festival organisers Welcome Pack in the post. To order yours once you have paid and registered, please see the Resources tab under your Big Draw profile.
How should I pay?
Online, we can accept payment by card or PayPal.
If these are not an option, we can also accept offline payments via BACS or by a cheque. You can see further information about offline payments by visiting this section of our website.
Please send all invoice or purchase order enquiries to our administrator at email@example.com
What is the new gallery for?
Our brand new Big Draw Gallery allows organisers to upload images from their Big Draw events, and to share them with visitors to our website. It now features the ability to caption each of your photos.
By registering, am I automatically entered into The Big Draw Awards?
No – we will arrange a call out to organisers regarding The Big Draw Awards once The Big Draw Festival comes to a close after October.